The Only Way to Travel
Proudly Serving Customers in Wrexham & North Wales
Our Terms and Conditions
At Unicorn Travel, we offer a wide range of coaches and buses for hire in Wrexham, and the surrounding areas. Whether you need to take your business group for an event or your class on a school trip, we have suitable mini-coaches and executive coaches available. Detailed below are the conditions of private hire, which apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing.
- The hirer acts on behalf of all the passengers travelling on the vehicles. If the hirer is a company, group, or partnership, an individual must be named as a responsible person.
- The hirer is responsible for the actions and decisions of all the passengers on board, including any additional costs incurred in performing the contract, whether or not they actually travel with the party.
- If the hirer is not going to travel with the party, a representative must be chosen, and the company must be informed prior to the hire taking place. The company will only accept instructions from the hirer or their nominated representative.
- Where a copy of these conditions has been given to the hirer at any time, or the hirer has been advised verbally of all significant terms, making a booking will be deemed to signify acceptance of them. Where a hirer makes a booking before receiving these conditions and without being advised verbally of all significant terms, the hirer may cancel the contract without liability to the operator within 48 hours of receiving these conditions. Otherwise, the hirer will be deemed to accept these conditions.
- Quotations are given on the basis of the direct route and on information provided by the hirer. The route used will be at the discretion of the company unless it has been particularly specified by the hirer, in which case it will be clearly shown on the confirmation.
- All quotations are given subject to the company having a suitable vehicle available at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. Quotations are valid for 28 days unless otherwise notified.
- Quotations are given for coach and driver only. Any additional charges will be separately identified and will be the hirer's responsibility unless otherwise specified.
3. Use of the Vehicle
- The hirer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys, nor that it will remain at the destination for the hirer's use unless this has been agreed with the company in advance.
4. Route and Time Variation
- The company reserves the right to levy additional charges for additional mileage or time to that agreed. The charges will be pro-rata and in accordance with the formula advised on the booking confirmation.
- The vehicle will depart at times agreed by the hirer, and it is the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at those times. The company will not accept liability for any losses incurred by passengers who fail to follow instructions given by their hirer.
5. Drivers' Hours
- The hours of operation for the driver are regulated by law, and the hirer accepts the responsibility of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company.
- Neither the hirer nor any passenger shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to driving hours and duty time.
- If any breach is likely to occur, the hirer will be responsible for any additional costs incurred unless it is outside the control of the hirer. The calculation of any additional costs will be as in condition 4.
6. Seating Capacity
- The company will, at the time of booking, agree and specify the legal seating capacity of the vehicle to be supplied. The hirer must not load the vehicle beyond this capacity.
7. Conveyance of Animals
- On a private hire, no animals (other than guide dogs and hearing dogs notified to the company in advance) may be carried on any vehicle without prior written agreement from the company.
- Normally, written confirmation by the company is the only basis for the acceptance of, or for a subsequent alteration to, its terms.
- A non-refundable deposit must be paid by the date stated, and payment in full must be made before the start of the hire unless otherwise agreed by the company. The company reserves the right to add interest at the rate of 2% per annum above the base rate of HSBC Bank™, calculated on a daily basis from which the date by which the payment should have been made.
10. Cancellation by Hirer
- If the hirer wishes to cancel any agreement, the following scale of charges will apply in relation to the total hire charge:
- The cost of accommodation, meals, and theatre tickets, which have already been purchased by the company at the request of the hirer, will be charged to the hirer, plus any administration charges incurred by the company.
- Cancellation due to inclement weather conditions will be charged as above.
- Theatre tickets, once purchased, are not returnable and must be paid in full. (Or any other such ancillary service)
If you require a risk assessment for your journey, you can find a downloadable and printable PDF risk assessment document here.